11 Signs You’re Dating A Boy And Not A Man
1. A man pays for dinner if he asks you out.
And if you asked him out, he at least makes the gesture to pay.
A boy will also split hairs about who ordered what.
Even though he ate half of your fries and was the one who suggested that you get an appetizer.
2. A man shows up on time.
And if he is running late he will let you know.
A boy shows up an hour late, having lost track of time playing Call of Duty.
3. A man thinks ahead and plans for his future.
Just wanting to invest in his future is a good sign. He doesn’t actually have to have a Roth IRA and a stock portfolio, though that would be nice.
A boy plans as far as lunch.
And even those plans aren’t set in stone.
4. A man is cool with you hanging out with your guy friends.
5. A man will engage with your friends and family.
Even if it almost kills him.
A boy says he “just isn’t ready for that, yet.”
Other things he’s not ready for: settling down, getting a job, returning your box set of Arrested Development, etc.
6. A man has opinions on where to eat.
Even if it is a simple, “Sounds good to me.”
A boy says, “You pick.”
Then proceeds to shut down every suggestion you make.
A boy does and cannot take a joke.
Seriously, not everything is a personal affront. Take a chill pill, OK?
A boy thinks farts are funny too.
This one is sort of a wash. Although, farting on you he finds hilarious.
9. A man knows how to respond to, “Do I look fat in this?”
It’s always “no.”
A boy suffers from foot-in-mouth disease.
I’m sorry on behalf of my gender.
11. A man is there when you need a shoulder to cry on.
A boy is nowhere to be found.
You tell ‘em, Phil. You tell ‘em.